Saturday, August 22, 2009

Picture This

I realize that with two posts in quick succession, I'm beginning to sound like a Nina Simon groupie. However, this post tackles a particular bug-bear of mine, which is overly-restrictive museum photo policies. I remember being asked by a former boss to investigate what steps our institution was taking to control copyright on images taken in the galleries - when I asked the head of our photographic collections, she rather dryly suggested that he should go onto Flickr and search on the name of our museum.

1 comment:

  1. A bug-bear of mine, too! I would love to be able to blog more freely about this or that cool specimen that I've run across (including photos), but this isn't meant to be. . .

    I would wager that "illegal" posting of Internet photos is one of the best pieces of free PR that any museum could get!

    ReplyDelete